Recruiting: NON EU Nurses required for permanent vacancies
We currently have a selection of nursing positions available at outstanding Nursing Homes on the Isle of Man.
The concept of nursing homes in Isle of Man are vastly different from those in Europe. They are fully equipped and are more like an extension of the hospital elderly medical ward where nurses need to learn to become autonomous decision makers.
The island offers a great quality of life, extremely beautiful unspoilt countryside with outdoor pursuits are very popular and accessible.
Taxation is at a lower rate than the U.K Individual tax relief, (no tax paid on the first £12.500 per annum and only 10% tax paid up to earnings of £19,500). After this 20% tax will be applied. This is much better than the UK who tax at rates of 20% and 40%, thus saving over £1,000 per annum.
The jobs offer:
- Full Time Contract 37 hours and above
- Permanent Contract
- Day and Night Duty rotation
- Five weeks paid holiday a year
- Salary – for Registered NMC applicants – starting pay will be £15.95 with performance related pay increases. Applicants with additional qualifications / experience will be offered a higher salary.
- Salary – for Non Registered NMC applicants – starting pay will be £13 for a period of six months while NMC registration is obtained.
- During this period applicants will be given English Tuition paid by the employer to undertake IELTS tests – the exam required by NMC to practice in the UK/Isle of Man.
- First year NMC will be paid.
- £3,000 bonus paid on completion of the first year
Excellent Salary and Conditions
- All applicants will be offered a mentor during induction and further if needed
- Private healthcare offered to all following a three month period. Plus optional contributory pension scheme.
- Pre and Post registration training and education is encouraged and funded by the employer. Contracts confirming commitment to remain for a designated period following long post graduate courses will be put in place.
- Weekly in house training also provided
- We help you find local accommodation. The monthly rent is then deducted from your salary.
- We purchase household essentials, (bedding/towels/kitchen equipment), so when you arrive you have the basics. Any additional items you require, other than the basics we provide, are your responsibility to purchase.
- We accompany you to the Government Office to obtain your National Insurance Number
- We help you set up a bank account on the Isle of Man – if required.
- We help you register with a Doctor if you need help with this. It is free of charge to see a GP, (once you are employed). There is, however, a small charge for any prescriptions you need.
Apply to work with this contract